Monday 11 November 2013

Crochet Coffee Cup Cosy Pattern - No More Naked Coffees!

In recent weeks I have discovered coffee - and I love it! The University library has a Starbucks inside and I have visited more times than I care to admit. Sometimes my coffee can get neglected for a while if I 'get in the work zone' and ends up going a bit cool, I found this pattern on pinterest for a cute coffee cup cosy. I'm going to start a 'no more naked coffee cups' revolution!! (I'm getting a bit giddy now... maybe it's all the caffeine)






This is not my pattern, the original pattern can be found here. I have simply translated the pattern from US to UK crochet terminology.
The one I have made uses scraps of Rico cotton so it is easy to chuck in the washing machine to get rid of all the drip stains. It keeps my cup looking cute and my coffee warm.
You will need...
  • Scraps of yarn, I have used some Rico cotton leftover from making my granny square blanket
  • Crochet hook
  • Cute button
  • Needle

Abbreviations:
  • ch - chain
  • dc - double crochet
  • tr - treble crochet
  • htr - half treble crochet

Pattern (UK crochet terminology)
Ch 8.
Row 1: 1dc 1tr in second ch from hook, *skip next ch, 1dc 1tr in next ch, repeat from * to end of row, ch1 turn.
Row 2: *Skip next stitch, 1dc 1tr in next stitch, repeat from * to end of row, ch 1 turn.
Rep Row 2 until work measures 8 inches from beginning.
Next row: Skip 1st stitch, slip stitch in the next 2 stitches, 1 htr in each of the next 4 stitches, turn ch1.
You will now be working on these 4 stitches to make button hole strip.
Next row: 1 htr in each stitch, ch1 turn.
Rep last row until button hole strip measures 2″.
Next row: 1 htr in 1st stitch, ch 2 and skip next 2 stitches, 1 htr in last stitch.
Work dc border evenly around, working 3 dc in corners and 2 dc into ch2 button hole space. Join with a slip stitch in 1st dc.
Fasten off and weave in ends. Sew on button.


Enjoy! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment